1. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.
2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.
6. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person's physical fitness.
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.
13. A proper part-time job does not occupy students' too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
一份適當的業余工作并不會占用學生太多的時 間，事實上，把全部的時間都用到學習上并不健康， 正如那句老話：只工作’不玩耍’聰明的孩子會變 傻。
14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
15. Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
16, In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
17, The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
18, It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure,
19, Although this view is wildly held, this is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
20. No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most important aspect of his life.
21. People equate success in life with the ability of operating computer.
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
26. The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be less useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduation.
28. This is a matter of life and death-a matter no country can afford to ignore.
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic development, the number of people who use bicycle are decreasing and bicycle is bound to die out, The information I've collected over the recent years leads me to believe that bicycle will continue to play extremely important roles in modern society.
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems such as global warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation like bicycle are more important than any time before,
35. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people 's physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams.
36. Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its problem.
37. Bicycle cant be compared with other means of transportation like car and train for speed and comfort.
38. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that advantages of bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages and it will still play essential roles in modern society.
39.There is a general discussion these days over education in many colleges and institutes, One of the questions under debate is whether education is a lifetime study.
40. This issue has caused wide public concern.
41. It must be noted that learning must be done by a person himself.
42. A large number of people tend to live under the illusion that they had completed their education when they finished their schooling. Obviously, they seem to fail to take into account the basic fact that a person's education is a most important aspect of his life.
43. As for me, I'm in favor of the opinion that education is not complete with graduation, for the following reasons:
44. It is commonly accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduate.
45. Even the best possible graduate needs to continue learning before she or he becomes an educated person.
46. It is commonly thought that our society had dramatically changed by modern science and technology, and human had made extraordinary progress in knowledge and technology over the recent decades.
47. Now people in growing numbers are beginning to believe that learning new skills and knowledge contributes directly to enhancing their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
48. An investigation shows that many older people express a strong desire to continue studying in university or college.
49. For the majority of people, reading or learning a new skill has become the focus of their lives and the source of their happiness and contentment after their retirement.
50. For people who want to adopt a healthy and meaningful life style, it is important to find time to learn certain new knowledge. Just as an old saying goes: it is never too late to learn.
Directions: Write an essay based on the following chart. In your essay, you should
1) interpret the chart; 2) give your comments
You should write at least 150 words on the ANSWER SHEET (15 minutes)
What is conspicuously presented in the given data is exactly the proportion of spending of inhabitants in a certain city in our country during the Spring Festival. According to the statistics available in the chart above, the total spending can be classified into four kinds as follows: the cost of new year’s gifts, traffic spending, party and gathering costs and others. In general, the figures provided above suggest that new year’s presents, making up 40%, is the largest percentage, then next is traffic, party and gathering, and others at 20% respectively.
It goes far beyond any reasonable dispute that the above chart is a vivid reflection of a fairly familiar social phenomenon: people in mounting numbers spend too much on giving gifts to each other for the time being. Indeed, the previous few decades has witnessed the growing incidence of such a trend. And it’s so prevalent that a great deal of attention is being paid today to such a tide. The general public and the mass media have focused on the strengths and weaknesses of it, but few have come up with relevant actions.
Much can be done. The mass media and schools of all levels, fore and most, could serve as a counterbalance, doing its utmost to awaken the general public to the severity of this upsetting phenomenon. Meanwhile, it is the responsibility of the government to curb such a behavior. I am strongly convinced that the sooner we take such practices seriously, the better our prospect will be.
①稱呼后面應該使用逗號，而非句號，且不加標點符號也是錯誤的，如：Dear Mr Wang
I am writing this letter to express my suggestions about how to improve students’ physical condition.
“對…提出建議”應該是give suggestions on…,原文中使用介詞about并不恰當，不符合常用表達。
The students in good health.
我們都知道，“主+謂+賓”是一個句子最基本的結構，缺一不可。如果謂語動詞是系動詞，那這個句子就是典型的“主+系+表”的結構了。上面的這個句子有主語the students,有介詞短語in good health,但是很明顯缺少系動詞，正確的句子形式應該是The students are in good health.
I have some suggestion to you.
First of all, you can organization about ourdoor.
在這個句子中，can是情態動詞，后面應該使用動詞原形organize，組織戶外活動是organize outdoor activitis.這句話的正確表達是First of all, you can organize ourdoor activities.